• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

A simple woman who dares to write a book

An open-minded and nonjudgmental place for sharing your personal writing, seeking feedback, and reading and discussing the writing of your fellow members.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
liberty41988
Permanent Ink Finger

A simple woman who dares to write a book

Unread post

My name is Barbie. I had always enjoyed the armchair journey of a captivating book and reveled in a writers ability to place me within their story. No talent compares to that of an author. Reading was a safe escape into adventure and intrigue until I found myself in a real life journey that offered no reprieve and no escape. I'm not clever enough to write fiction, as that would take imagination. My story is written in time and space from actual events, so unimaginable, that would compel a devout reader like me to place words on paper. "Author" is still foreign in my vocabulary... but for some reason, my destiny lays in this non-fiction travesty of justice.
Please, someone out there, give me some encouragement that God didn't pick the wrong person to give meaning to two victims that didn't die in vain.
You can read a free preview of this story on my website at:
www.acrimeworsethanmurder.com
Thank you for your interest.
Barbara Gordon-Bell

Return to “Creative Writing”