• In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

A Picture of Dorian Gray

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.

Should classical reading be mandatory, instead of optional, in our primary education systems (k-12)?

Poll ended at Wed May 23, 2012 11:10 pm

YES

100%
NO

No votes

Total votes: 1
ag7t8

A Picture of Dorian Gray

Unread post

Hello Everyone!

My name is Abby, and I am currently in charge of the University of Missouri - Saint Louis Classic Reading and Analysis Program (we call it C.R.A.P). As the name states, we are focused on "Classic Literature" while also developing our literary analysis techniques. Our first piece of literature is Oscar Wilde's "A Picture of Dorian Gray". I'm glad we found this site!
Nymeria
Getting Comfortable

Re: A Picture of Dorian Gray

Unread post

absolutely loved this book when I was forced to read it in HS.
Mimi
Official Newbie!

Re: A Picture of Dorian Gray

Unread post

Hello,
I just finished A Picture of Dorian Gray. In fact, it's the whole reason I joined BookTalk! I was forced to read other classics in HS, no Oscar Wilde. After MANY years of appreciating quotes by Wilde, I finally got the time to read a whole book in my retirement. Yes, the young and beautiful should all read this tale.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”