• In total there are 40 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 39 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

22 Questions from creationists at the Nye / Ham debate

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Re: 22 Questions from creationists at the Nye / Ham debate

Unread post

Interbane wrote:Do theologians think we become omniscient in the afterlife?
good question, there is that verse about Unity with the Godhead.
that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.
and that section that reads
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
but i suppose it's all open to interpretation.
Interbane wrote:Or can their idea of god be fully known without omniscience?
i suppose if "God" is omniscient you cant "fully know" "God" without omniscience.

also i bet as you go through the countless sects and subgroups you will encounter tons of peculiar variations in final doctrine.

compare John Hagee to Joel Olsteen even :-D

but then gesler, flann5 and stahrwe seem quite different from each other or either hagee or olsteen (thankfully)

reminds me of that old song, "love, is a many splendoured thing" in that there are as many christianities as seem to be required by the various christians.

i've got mine, picked it up in egypt for a song :-D

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”